Monday, January 26, 2009

Little Golden Book Monday #74

Today's Little Golden Book, I choose simply because it was kind of old and interesting looking, and I had never seen the back cover before. "This Little Piggy and other counting rhymes" is filled with 41 pages of children's rhymes such as Buckle My Shoe, Billy loves Tea, Hickety Pickety, Ten Little Injuns, Thirty Days Hath September and the ever popular This Little Piggy.
The Book is "A commemorative facsimile edition published on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of Little Golden Books and printed in 1992, originally printed in 1942.
I have to admit that when I found it at the local thrift shop I thought that it was actually from 1942, and it was not until I got home and had a closer look that I realized that it was a commemorative reprint from 1992. I wonder how many people pick these up at thrift shops etc thinking they have found some valuable treasure?

No comments: