Monday, January 16, 2012

Little Golden Book Monday #155

Today's Little Golden Book is The Secret of NIMH, Mrs. Brisby and the Magic Stone. This book is from 1982, the same year the film, The Secret of NIMH, was released. The film was directed by Don Bluth, who also directed some other movies I enjoyed as a kid including An American Tale and Titan A.E.
Along with the cover, I have scanned the two inside front pages of the book. I love seeing who used to own my books, and I always wonder how many times they, or a parent read it to them? As you can see, this one belonged to Stephanie.
This is a movie that I had kind of forgotten about until I saw this book. I love animation, and I remember seeing this movie in the theatre back in 1982. I'm sure I probably rented it from a video store some time after that, but it is not a film I have in my collection. If this was a year or two ago, I would have visited my local movie rental shop this weekend to rent this one to watch with my son.  But, our local video rental shop just closed, and there are no other ones really close by. I guess I could always 'download' it, but that's just not as much fun as a trip to the video shop.

No comments: