Monday, January 21, 2013

Little Golden Book Monday #168

Today's Little Golden Book is Disney's Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers: The Big Cheese Caper from 1991, written by Deborah Kovacs and illustrated by Darrell Baker.
I was never a big fan of Chip 'N Dale, I usually saw them as nothing more than a foil for Donald Duck in his old cartoons, and I was too old when the Disney Afternoon was on TV to have watched the Rescue Rangers.
Here is what I know:
1) Chip is the one with a black nose (like a chocolate chip).
2) One of the Rescue Rangers characters named Gadget has her own Go Coaster in Disneyland's Toontown
3) There was a great Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers comic book from Boom Comics that lasted just 8 issues before Boom lost their Disney licence.
4) Swampy used to be known as Sewer Al long before he landed the job of spokes gator for Disney's Where's My Water puzzle video game.
OK, I could be wrong on the last one, but the first three are all true.

No comments: