Sunday, March 09, 2008

My Own Stretching (Bath)Room Portrait

About two months ago while my wife and I were visiting a thrift shop in Vancouver I came across the painting/poster shown here of a ballerina. I wasn't sure why, but I really liked it and after making my purchases, I went back and picked up this picture and asked how much it was. The woman behind the till told me it was 50 cents, so I dug out two quarters from my pocket and took my new treasure home with my other purchases.
When I got home, I once again wondered why exactly I liked this thing, and wondered why I had bought a picture that looked like it should be on a little girls bedroom wall.
Still, now knowing why I liked it, it ended up on a shelve in my bathroom so that you can see it as soon as you walk in.
Once my wife saw it there, she said, "I know why you like that so much, because it looks just like those stretching portraits in the Haunted Mansion that you love so much!" Once she said that, that was it. That is all I can think about when I look at this thing. All she needs is a bunch of snakes and creepy crawly bugs on the floor around her feet and you could hang this along with the other portraits in the stretching room of Disney's Haunted Mansion.
For those of you not familiar with the stretching portraits, here is a photo I found on the net of someone who has the 4 stretching portrait posters framed on their wall. The yellows lines show what you see at first - just the tops of the pictures are visible (A). Then as the room stretches, you start to see more of the pictures, as they reveal a much different final picture than what we see at first.

No comments: