Monday, April 21, 2008

Little Golden Book Monday #53


Today's Little Golden Book is Richard Scarry's Best Little Word Book Ever! This book is from 1992, and is based on the hugely successful Richard Scarry series.
I loved these books as a child. My favorites were the ones that showed cutaways of buildings so you could see things like how a lumber mill worked, and cut aways of things such as planes and boats, to give you an idea of how things worked. I used to sit and stare at those drawings for hours!
This book has a great cut away of a family home. You can see the kitchen, living room, hallway, bedroom and bathroom. These is even a carpenter on the roof.
I also loved Lowly Worm. He was usually hidden somewhere on the page and it was always fun trying to find where he was hidden. To my count, there are 12 Lowly's hidden throughout this book. Lowley truly was the original Waldo!

No comments: