Monday, December 08, 2008

Little Golden Book Monday #72

My copy of Disney Pixar's Presto! finally showed up at my local Chapters bookstore. I have been looking for this book ever since I saw it posted on someone else's blog months ago. Then recently while checking out my local Chapters I noticed they have a new computer search system in store. Instead of the Windows based system that they used to use, which always kinda sucked... when it even worked, was now replaced by new shiny large screen iMacs running touch screen technology. after just few touches of the screen I had found the Little Golden Book of Presto! and was able to print out a receipt that I took to the front counter to order myself a copy. I'm not sure what I was more excited about, ordering my copy of Presto!, or the fact that Chapters now had these great iMac computers sprinkled around the store!
This book is an illustrated version of the short cartoon that preceded the Wall-E movie in theaters. I loved the cartoon, and the illustrations in this book version are a real treat! I'd love to include a bunch of the pages with this post, but I only have one copy and I can't get myself to pry the book open to put it on my scanner - if you are a collector, you know what I am talking about.

No comments: