Monday, February 16, 2009

Little Golden Book Monday #76

Today's Little Golden Book is Cartoon Network's Powerpuff Girls: Big Terrible Trouble? The book is from 1999 and based on the popular Cartoon Network characters the Powerpuff Girls created by Craig McCraken, who is the creator of a bunch of cartoon characters including two of my favorites; 2 Stupid Dogs and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, both of which are hilariously funny and worth checking out if you have not already. This book is a "Special collector's edition!", or at least that is what is says on the front cover. I don't really see anything that makes this a collectors issue, unless they mean the special shape of the book!? What do I mean, well, when scanned the cover and saved it, I was a bit surprised that it seemed that I had not put it on the scanner straight, and I had to crop it a bit in Photoshop to get it looking square. When I opened the front cover to have a look at the date of the book, I realized that it was cut a bit strange. When I placed it against last weeks book "Bugs Bunny", I could easily see that the bottom of the book was cut on an angle, meaning that the book is not square. Does that make it a collector's item? I also wanted to point out the back cover of this book, as I'm not sure if I have seen this one before. It has Little Lulu and Underdog, two characters I have not seen in Little Golden Books before. I wonder if there are any Little Golden Books that actually feature these two characters? I'm not big fan of either of these two characters, but it would be fun to find them to add to the collection.

No comments: