Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Sheldon Comic Strip Makes Fun of Me!

I was going though some stuff I had dropped into a folder on my iMac and came across this cartoon I snagged from the Sheldon Comic Strip Daily Webcomic by Dave Kellett. This simple cartoon made me chuckle at myself as I realized how many times I have sat and watched something on TV (with commercials) that I own on DVD, but was too lazy to get of the shelf and load into my DVD player! And, I don't know if I am the only one who thinks this, but I find some sort of satisfaction in watching something that I know others are watching at the same time... even if they aren't watching it on the same TV as me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do we do that? When I own a DVD, I rarely watch the movie. When the same movie I own is on TV, I'll instantly stop what I'm doing and watch it. Why? I could be watching the same program commercial-free 24 hours a day. Plus, I could be watching it from the beginning and not starting halfway through with parts cut out of it and expletives deleted or changed.