Monday, October 08, 2012

Little Golden Book Monday #164

Today's Little Golden Book is DC Super Friends Batman! The book was released back in May 2012, just two months before the release of the summer blockbuster, The Dark Night, so I am sure it enjoyed the extra hype that came along with the release of the movie. Since Batman is my favorite comic book hero, I had this on my list to pick up as soon as it was released, but once again, it took a while as I could not find it anywhere in my area. I picked up my copy at the Barnes and Noble in Bellingham, WA.
Batman doesn't have superpowers. Instead, he uses his brains and crime-fighting tools to catch crooks and bring in the bad guys. It says so right there on page 4 of the book. I think that is why I like Batman so much. My favorite superheroes are Batman, Daredevil and Captain America, all superheroes who don't have typical superpowers.
And hey, what's with Superman there in the background of the cover. That's a Bat Signal in the sky, not a giant "S" in the sky. I guess things are slow in Metropolis.

No comments: