Monday, January 11, 2010

Little Golden Book Monday #112

Today's Little Golden Book is Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse, The Kitten-Sitters from 1976. This book features a few of my favorite Disney characters; Pluto and Figaro the kitten. It also features two of my least favorite Disney characters; Mickey's nephews, Morty and Ferdie. To be fair, I also dislike Donald Duck's nephews, Huey, Dewey, and Louie. There is just something unsettling about introducing 'cute' little characters alongside my favorite characters that has always urked me - need we go any farther than Scrappy-Doo!?
This book features typical '70's Disney illustrations, not really up to Disney's usual standards from previous decades. Here is one of the illustrations that happens to feature Pluto & Figaro.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is Mickey wearing slippers or clogs?

Ronn Roxx said...

Not sure why he is wearing his slippers. I guess it has something to do with the fact he is wearing his pajama pants. Remember this was the '70s. It was a much different time ;-)