Sunday, February 03, 2008

Disney Pocket Novels

I found a treasure trove of Disney pocket novels at the local thrift shop the other day. And all were a bargain at under 50 cents each.

First up we have The Hundred And One Dalmations, and Miaa Bianca, which was the original story by Margery Sharp, which was the basis for the Walt Disney animated film The Rescuers.

Next we have Tron, complete with a fabulous full-color photo insert, and Dr. Syn: Alias The Scarecrow, which is a Walt Disney feature film which I have never seen before. Hopefully this is something that Disney will release on DVD (or whatever format they are using at the time), as I would love the opprotunity to see it.

Next is The Shaggy D.A., and Gus, both of which are based on 70's live action Disney films. Both films that were great when I was 10 years old, but that I never need to see again.

And last we have Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo and Snowball Express. I have never seen Snowball Express so can't say much about that film, but Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo, much like the other Herbie movies was a favorite of mine as a child. One of the first movies I ever remember seeing was Herbie Rides Again, and I laughed so hard I almost peed myself. I'm sure as my son gets a little older, we will have to own all the Herbie films - all that is except for the most recent one, Herbie Fully Loaded. I'll take a pass on that one!

No comments: