Monday, February 18, 2008

Little Golden Book Monday #44

Tonights Little Golden Book is Winnie-the-Pooh and Tigger, a story by A. A. Milne.
I was never a big fan of Winnie-the-Pooh as a child and now that Pooh has moved into the Country Bear digs at Disneyland, sending the bears packing, I have to saw that I am even less of a fan - if not somewhat annoyed at the chubby, tubby little bear.
I do like the artwork in the book, and the cover illustration has a nice retro feel to it. I much prefer the retro Pooh look to the more updated look of more recent years.
I just can't get other the fact that Winnie and his friends have forever removed the Country Bear Jamboree from Critter Country in California. I know that I can still partake of the Country Bear fun in Florida, but knowing that Winnie has taken over in California's Critter Country, means I will probably never head into the part of the park again.
I guess Disney thought that Winnie-the-Pooh and his pals would drawn in more customers than the tired old Country Bear musical revue show. But, I will stick to listening to my 16:47 minute "Country Bear Vacation Hoedown", and won't be listening to any Pooh on my iPod anytime soon.
At least having Winnie in the park is good for one thing. The, "Hey kid, you have Pooh on your shirt, hat, shoes etc", joke never gets old!

No comments: