Monday, March 23, 2009

Little Golden Book Monday #80

Today's Little Golden Book is When Bunny Grows Up written by Patsy Scarry and illustrated by Richard Scary. This edition is from 1997 and was originally printed in 1955 with the title The Bunny Book.
Growing up I loved Richard Scarry's Busytown books. I could sit for hours looking at his cross section drawings of buildings, vehicles etc. It was so great to get a simplified idea of how things such as a factory worked. I also loved finding Lowly Worm who was hidden on each page page of the Busytown books.
As an adult, I still really appreciate Richard's whimsical drawings. This Little Golden Book is another example of his great work. Here is one of the pages I liked the most in this book. I wonder if little rabbit got in trouble for painting on the wall, or was congratulated for his work?

No comments: