Saturday, August 19, 2006

Bert Collects Bottle Caps Too

Question: What brand of bottle caps does Bert from Seasame Street like to collect? Check out the answer below.

One of the very first collections I can remember starting was my bottle cap collection. It started innocently enough. One day when I missed the bus on the way home from school (this was a routine occurrence), my friends and I had some time to kill while we waited for the next bus. While waiting, I found a few bottle caps on the ground and before we knew it, we had started a competition to see who could find the most bottle caps. I won the contest and got to keep all the caps we had collected. Although most people would have probably tossed them all way, I brought them home and found a nice shoe box to keep them in, and continued to add to the collection over the next 10 or so years.

I can remember when I used to go to the drug store for a Coke, the bottles would be in a cooler with a lift up lid. You would have to look down at the caps and find the drink of your choice by the cap, so I guess that made the caps pretty important. And of course the first thing you would do when you popped off the cap was to dig out that grey rubber cap liner to see if you were a winner. Unfortunetly, more offten than not you would see something along the lines of "Please try again".
Whenever someone we knew would go on vacation, I would always ask them to bring me back some exotic bottle caps for my collection. Everyone always thought this was a strange request, but most brought home a few choice additions to my collection.
To this day, if a bottle has a metal bottle cap, I have to save it and add it to my bottle cap collection, which is now in a couple of large ice cream buckets.

Answer: Bert collects Figgy Fizz soda bottle caps. To date, he has
an amazing 368 caps in his collection!

No comments: