Sunday, September 03, 2006

Buster's Texas Style Barbecue


If you're looking for a genuine taste of Texas you've found it! Buster's makes the best barbecue this side of the Rio Grande, dry-rubbed with spices and slow cooked for six to twelve hours in Texas style smoke pits stoked with real Hickory. It's a labor and time-intensive process, but you won't find better barbecue anywhere! Made you hungry yet? For some reason I started thinking about Buster's the other day and can't get that mouth watering grub outta my mind!
I have visited the Tigard, Organ location of Buster's Texas Style Barbecue on two separate Drive In mini vacations, and both times I left with a huge smile on my face! I was drawn in the neat old neon sign outside. Once inside, I was surrounded with the great Texas outdoors. That is to say they have done some nice theming to make it look like a chuck wagon line outside, with a camp fire, trees, etc. The kind of thing you would expect to find at a Disney park.
Then there was the food. As their web site into says "we make the best barbecue this side of the Rio Grande" and they aren't kidding!
Now if only they would add a few new locations in Washington State that we could drive to in a few hours, instead of an all day drive to the state of Oregon, then we would be all set!

No comments: