Saturday, September 23, 2006

A Day At Disneyland


While out with the family today we stopped at an antique mall which mostly has furniture etc. But, I found a booth that had some neat old games, records etc. And to my delight I found, buried in a pile of dusty old records, an album which put a huge smile on my face!
It was "A Day at Disneyland with Walt Disney and Jiminy Cricket [ST-3901]" from 1957. It comes in a large cardboard record sleeve with a 4 page insert. I'm not sure why, but the middle page (which is two pieces of thick cardboard) also has a couple of extra pieces of cardboard glued inside to make it even stronger (and thicker).
Side One has 1) Horse car ride down Main Street U.S.A. and 2) A boat ride thru Adventureland. Side Two has 1) Exploring Frontierland, 2) Space Ship Visit to Tomorrowland and 3) Fun in Fantasyland.
Check out the great album cover and artwork from the pages inside.


I am always looking for Disney records and this is the first time I have ever seen this particular album. Well worth the $10 I spent on it!

No comments: