Sunday, September 24, 2006

Milton Bradley's Park And Shop


Here is another recent purchase. The 1960 Milton Bradley board game Park And Shop, The Nation's Traffic Game Sensation. I was instantly attracted to the artwork on the box, and when I checked out the object of the game, I decided I wanted to own and play this game! The object is to drive your car from your home to the nearest Park & Shop parking lot, park your car, then move your pedestrian marker to all the stops on your shopping list, return to your car, and move your car back to the starting point. Here are a few of my favorite things you can do while playing; "My but you're hungry! Stop at a drug store for lunch.", "You met a 'buddy' who wants to bowl a game. Move directly to a bowling alley. Stay 2 turns before proceeding normal route.", "It's a swell day. Everybody's feeling generous. Take an extra turn." and "You promised to have the car washed before going home. Drive to the car washery."

Sounds like fun doesn't it!

2 comments:

SandyBR325 said...

I loved this game. I won it in a Halloween costume contest.

Ronn Roxx said...

We have not played this one yet, but we are now part of a bi-weekly game night, so I'm sure we will break this out at one of these game nights.